Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Fall Quilt Top!

The leaves have changed, decorations have been put out and I finished my first fall quilt top!  I picked up random fall colored fabric throughout September and ended up with something pretty cool.  I actually used two fabrics from the Winterberry Lane collection by Red Rooster!  It turned out very pretty I think, now I just have to figure out how to quilt it.  Since I am all new to this, I'm not sure how this would work, but I am thinking of putting an old fleece blanket in the middle for batting.  Thoughts?  Would this work or no? 





1 comment:

  1. Hi Cori,
    Fleece would probably work alright as the batting if you tie the quilt. However, if you are inexperienced it could possibily be very difficult to quilt. So if you plan to quilt it I would definitely suggest purchasing batting. Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete