Friday, November 18, 2011

Reusing For a Purpose!

I am always trying to find ways to reuse things that I would normally throw away. I needed a way to keep track of my receipts so I knew what I would be spending around Christmas time. So this helps me save money and the planet! Ha!

I took this piece of styrofoam that came with something from my husbands work.





Then I covered it with some pretty green ornament fabric. Since I want to reuse this fabric I pined it down with pretty brads.





It is hanging in my craft room and this is where I will put all of my receipts so I can keep track of what I am spending! Sorry for the cell phone pics but I am doing this during nap time and who knows how long I have before the babies wake!!

Have a great weekend! I am going to a few Christmas craft shows and open houses. What are you doing?


I'm linking up with Kelley today over at The Grant Life!
www.thegrantlife.com

7 comments:

  1. Great Idea I was asking my husband where we could get cork stuff to make a cork board for our chore chart area. Now I will see if I find some Styrofoam around somewhere that is not being used. Christmas time is great to find this stuff too. Oh I remember from when I was a kid certain glue and spray paints melt it. So be careful what you use to put the fabric on. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome idea Cori! So thrifty too! Thanks for the shoutout and linking up to Financial Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I love reusing.. and up-cycling. It saves money, conserves our resources and usually we are using products made in the U.S.A. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ideas. It's so easy to throw things out because we are so bombarded with stuff these days. But with a little foresight we can make less stuff go alot further.
    Procrastination Help: Breaking a Big Job Down into Smaller Pieces

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a Fabby idea! TFS and thanks for becoming a follower of my blog. Thought I'd pop over and say hello and follow you back. :0)

    XO ~ Amy Jo (follower)
    amyjrockstar at gmail dot com
    http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Cori! You were featured this week! Thank you for sharing your great idea.. and dont forget to enter my giveaway :)

    Friday link and features!

    ReplyDelete