Tuesday, December 13, 2011

DIY Cell Phone Holder

I first saw this on Pinterest a few weeks ago and decided to make a few for Christmas gifts!


This was so fast and easy and it only took about a half hour to make.  It would have taken about 15 minutes but I was chasing around a toddler so I had to keep stopping!  Here is what I did.......

First, I cut two strips of fabric 4 1/2 inches wide and 14 1/2 inches long.  These will make up your pouch.

 
Next, I cut a strip of fabric for the handle 2 inches wide and 8 inches long.


 Take your two pieces for your pouch and face the fabric right sides together and sew up the sides.  Flip one of them inside out.
 I used scissors to slide one pouch into another.  My next step was to fold and press the top edges under so it had a nice finished look. Last, your going to top stitched with the ends of the strap slid between each of the pouches and that's all!

Fast, simple, cute and inexpensive Christmas gift!  Practical too!

5 comments:

  1. thanks for the idea girl!!!
    xoxo
    ash

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome! It was so fun to do and make a great gift for a guy or girl. I'm following your blog and just linked up at your party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the instructions! This is a wonderful idea!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete