Thursday, March 1, 2012

Spring Clean Craft Room Series!

Welcome everyone to the Spring Clean Craft Room Series here at Created By Cori!



Lots of wonderful crafty bloggers have teamed up to show you their craft rooms, how they are organized and cleaned, in hopes of giving you some wonderful ideas for your own craft rooms this spring!  Each day throughout the month of March, a new crafty blogger and their craft room will be featured here on Created By Cori.  Please stop by frequently to see all of their great ideas.  First up is Vicki!

Hi everyone. My name is Vicki and I've been scrapbooking since January 2009.  I am so pleased that Cori asked me to share my craft room organization with you.

When my daughter and I moved into our current craft room we set it up for looks and not for usefulness. One of my New Year's resolutions was to make better use of my supplies, so I rearranged the room so that things are easy to reach and visible.



I've used shelves that were purchased at a dollar store many years ago to store the cartridges above the cricut, the flowers are in peanut butter jars above the cartridges and the buttons and gems are on the wall to my right. I used to have fancy glass jars but the weight was too much for the plastic shelves.



I moved the sizzix embossing machine from a shelf across the room to my desk so I would hopefully remember to use it more.





The white cabinet with the trimmer is actually three pieces, two door/drawer units and one shelf used as a top. When I moved this to it's current location I switched the door units so now the one closest to my desk opens so I can see inside instead of having to walk around the door to get to the items. I keep my stacks inside. (And yes it is full).



Next to my desk is a small upright shelf. I saw this on pinterest and was thrilled when I found one at goodwill a couple days later. Here I keep 6x6 pads, ribbon, boxes of brads.





I added some cork to one side. It came with the measurements on the other side. I haven't done anything with the back yet. I placed this on a lazy susan so it can be turned.




I was looking for a mug tree to hang embellishments on, but found this at goodwill - not really sure what it is, but it works great for my purposes. I use binder rings to hold 2 or 3 packages. Keeps them visible. The green tags on the right are my embossing folder tags. I made one tag for each folder I have, with name and manufacture written on the back. I can take this with me when shopping so I don't buy a folder I already have.




My latest project is to sort my patterned paper scraps. I already set up a 12x12 album (purchased for $2 at a thrift store) for cardstock divided by color. This time I am using two 8.5x11 binders and page protectors. I've set these up by theme (birthday, spring, valentines, Christmas, Thanksgiving) and by color (light pink, dark pink, red, yellow, orange, blue, blue/green, light green, dark green, tan, brown, multi color). I put a sheet of white cardstock in each of the page protectors for strength. Spent $1 for each binder, $2 for the cardstock at Big Lots and $3.75 for 50 page protectors. So for under $8 I will no longer have to dig through a box of scraps.

Full sheets of cardstock are on a paper rack on the wall behind me. (as seen in the first picture). Full single sheets of patterned paper are on paper racks purchased from a store going out of business. One rack holds paper by theme, similar to those used for the scrap binders. The other rack holds paper by manufacturer.

I hope you enjoyed this tour of my craft room and possibly found an organization idea that will help you.

Stay tuned for many more wonderful bloggers and their amazing craft rooms!

13 comments:

  1. Your space is awesome! Love all the great deals that you found at goodwill! Great ways to keep your space organized!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. great work space, not be honest, is it always this neat? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great ideas! Looks like i'll have to head over to goodwill!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great space Vicki! you have found some good finds and used them in a very creative way. thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great ideas and so handy for while you are scrapping. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy canoli look at all of those cartridges! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some good ideas are shared here by the moderator and will help the people.

    Plastic Cards
    Plastic Cards

    ReplyDelete
  8. love it!! love all the thrifty finds...i need to pay a visit over to good will

    tfs
    gloria
    www.craftnthing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on being featured. You have great idea for how you organize!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on being featured. You have great idea for how you organize!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for sharing all your wonderful storage ideas. Love that your space is so clean. Mine always looks like a whirlwind comes through it LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok, now I have scraproom envy - love what you did with your space!
    Hugs,
    http://scrapqueen141.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great space!!! Wish mine were bigger!!!

    ReplyDelete