Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Guest Blogger Sarah From The Winthrop Chronicles!

Hello, I'm Sarah from The Winthrop Chronicles.

I'm so glad to be here with you on Created By Cori. Cori is so talented and so nice to welcome some guest bloggers! 

Today I want to share with you this wall hanging I made for my daughter's room. I wanted to use a picture of her, but I wanted something a little different than just a picture in a frame. So I decided to make this photo on wood. I used the same technique as with this name wall hanging that I did a few weeks ago.
first: print off the picture you want to use. I printed it on white card stock paper, so that it would have extra thickness and not wrinkle when I put glue on it.

second: spray paint a piece of wood. I used a scrap piece of wood and trimmed up the picture to match the size.
third: get out your mod podge and coat the piece of wood with the glue. If you use anything other than mod podge, you should do a test sample first to make sure it won't wrinkle the paper. Mod podge did not wrinkle the card stock.

fourth: after you have placed the photo on top of the glue and have let it dry thoroughly, use sandpaper to rough up the edges.

fifth: go over the photo with a thin layer of mod podge to seal it.

sixth: I spray painted some eye hooks and just screwed them in to the top of the wood.


seventh: tie on a ribbon so that it can hang on a nail. Or you can just lean it against the wall on a dresser or attach a piece of wood on the back so that it stands up. 


 Thank you Sarah for sharing this awesome project with us!

5 comments:

  1. So Sweet!She's a Cutie Pie!!!TFS
    http://craftingwithcreativem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh.. how fun! I love how this turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it and so easy...
    Rasha@mychampagnetaste

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so lovely. Thanks for s haring this tutorial. So nice of you to do that. Keep posting please. I'll keep on visiting your page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jenny To share my comment as well. Really nice one.
    Burun Estetiği
    Burun Estetiği

    ReplyDelete